Tuesday 9 July 2019

Name boards

When launched, Fair Maid had a pair of boards affixed to her transom, presumably with her name n them.  We decided to replace them.  The plan is carved lettering in jarrah, filled with gold foil, and varnished.

Having never done any carving this has been a serious challenge.

First, a practice board.









Not happy with the results from the router, so let’s try proper carving.















Time to try some jarrah.






Time for some proper tools.















1 comment:

  1. I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to understand. Unlike additional blogs I have read which are really not tht good. I also found your posts very interesting. In fact after reading, I had to go show it to my friend and he enjoyed it as well!

    kitchen cleaning services Mckinney

    ReplyDelete